The second annual Tonka Mud Run and Mini-Tonka Mud Run are scheduled for July 12 at Lake Minnewashta Regional Park. Get together a group of friends or have your family sign up and get muddy on our course, which will be full of fun challenges appropriate for varying athletic abilities. Do you have what it takes to get through the obstacles?
Tonka Mud Run Obstacles:
Tire-riffic Sponsored by Youngstedts
Take on this tire drill and run through tires. It will be just like stepping over kids’ toys on the floor
Haul a campfire log uphill
Heaven and Earth
- Reach for heaven and touch the earth as you jump over and go under the tape
- It’s a cargo embargo! No need for cargo shorts to crawl under this cargo net!
Hula hoop Sponsored by Mary Kuhn-Professional Health Coach Fusion Spa
See if your hoola hoop goes round or down
Walk the Plank Sponsored by the Gilmore Family
Arrr, how good is your balance matey?
Test your orienteering skills by skillfully making your way through the maze
Who can summit our mountain of hay without getting caught in the net?
- Running across this teeter totter takes your balancing skills to new heights! (and lows)
Build a Sandcastle by Land or Sea
By sea | Fill your bucket to help fill the moat
Who will make it through our tangled web?
Light at the End of the Tunnel Sponsored by HD Waterworks
How many curbs can you hop?
Ramp It Up
Time to get wet traversing from one side of the old boat ramp to the other
Mud Bath Sponsored by Professional Asphalt and KidZibits
- Bring your rubber ducky and take a soak in our 4ft x 8ft mud bath!
Mini mudder fun run obstacles include:
- Hula Hoop
- Under the Rainbow Sponsored by Carver County Parks
- Pop Bubbles
- Walk across low plank (like a balance beam) Sponsored by the Gilmore Family
- Run uphill
- Roll Downhill
- Crawl through a tunnel Sponsored by Ferriera Family
- Rice Sack Race Sponsored by Kids Against Hunger-West Metro
- Climb over a hay bale
- Step through bike tires-Sponsored by Erik’s Bike Shop
- Run around the cones Sponsored by Chanhassen Recreation Center
- Run through kiddie pool filled with mud Sponsored by Bloomington Carpet One