Date: July 22, 2017 Location: Lake Minnewashta Regional Park | Click on address for map 6900 Hazeltine Blvd. Chanhassen, MN 55331 Time: 8:00 Registration opens 8:30 Mini-Tonka Mud Run | Short obstacle fun run 9:00 DJ Bill Lage starts performingOnline Registration is closed.Late registration is at Mount Calvary Lutheran Church in Excelsior on Friday from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm and at the race Saturday morning from 8:00 am – 9:15 am.
9:30 Tonka Mud Run – Timed Runners| Challenge fun run
9:35 Tonka Mud Run – Just Have Fun Runners | Challenge fun run 10:00 Fire Truck arrives to hose off runners 10:30 Joey Nova’s will be selling pizza slices 10:45 Award Ceremony 12:00 Tear Down | Event officially over **May add additional start waves based on registration
In the event of a thunderstorm, we will delay the race until thunder and lightning have passed for 30 minutes and delay above times accordingly.
1) Waterslide 2) Tire-riffic 3) Haul Campfire Log 4) Heaven and Earth 5) Army Crawl 6) Hula Hoop 7) Walk the Plank 8) Crazy Maze 9) Limbo 10) Hay Bale Climb 11) Teeter Totter 12) Build a Sandcastle 13) Spider Web 14) Light at the End of the Tunnel 15) Curb Hop 16) Ramp it Up 17) Mud Bath!
The Tonka Mud Run course is approx. 3.5 miles (a little over a 5k) to do the entire course
- The Prairie Trail portion is approx. 1.5 miles.
- The loop down to the beach and over to the boat ramp and back is approx. 2 miles.
The Mini-Tonka Mud Run is about 1/4 mile.
Two ways to finish:
- A timed finish | A timed finish is for those who want to run the entire course
- A JHF finish | A JHF (Just Had Fun) finish is for those who want to run only the portion of the course they want to just have fun with.
Chip timing will be provided for the timed runners.
Costumes are optional but encouraged. We will have an award for best costume individually and as a team or family.
- Male and Female Best Costume 10 and under, 11-100
- Team or Family Best Costume
- Youngest Mudder
- Oldest Mudder
- 1st place for Men: 12 and under, 13-19, 20-49, and 50+
- 1st place for Women: 12 and under, 13-19, 20-49, and 50+
- Chanhassen Fire Department will be there to hose off runners and give safety tips.
- DJ Bill Lage will keep the party going.
- Face painting
- Bounce House
- A sand volleyball court and large play set are near the start/finish line.
Joey Nova’s will be selling pizza slices after the race. 10% of sales will be donated to Many Hands Many Meals and 10% of sales will be donated back to Carver County Parks
- Tonka Mud Run
Registration Late Registration Through July 14th July 15th- July 22nd
- Youth 18 & under
- Mini-Tonka Mud Run
Registration Late Registration $15 $20
- Families of four or more may register for the Tonka Mud Run as a group and receive a 5% discount during regular registration.
- Registration– Regular registration closes on July 14th.
- Late registration– Late registration is online through July 18th, at Mount Calvary Lutheran Church July 21st from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm, or the day of the event. We encourage registering prior to race day to avoid long lines. Please note, t-shirts and goody bags are given on a first come, first serve basis for late registrations.
- Goody bags of pre-registered racers must be picked up before the registration table closes on race day.